The function of the cell is to look into complaints lodged by any of the student, and figure out its authenticity. The Grievance cell is also empowered to look into matters of harassment or any other offence. Anyone with a genuine grievance can approach the concerned department members in person, or in consultation with the officer in-charge Students’ Grievance Cell. In case the person is unwilling to appear in self, grievances may be dropped in writing at the letterbox/ suggestion box of the Grievance Cell at Administrative Block. Grievances may also be sent through e-mail to the officer in-charge of Students’ Grievance Cell.
The objective of the Grievance Cell is to develop a safe and responsible attitude among the students in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the institute.
A Grievance Cell is constituted for addressing the problems reported by the students of the College with the following objectives:
- Upholding the dignity of the College by ensuring a cordial atmosphere in the College through promoting within student and student-teacher relationship etc.
- Encouraging students to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being harrased.
- Suggestion / complaint Box is installed in front of the Administrative Block in which students, who want to remain anonymous, can put in their grievances and suggestions for improving the Academics / Administration or any matter of concern in the College.
- Advising students of the College to respect the right and dignity of one another and handle any untoward situations with utmost restraint and patience.
- Advising all students to refrain from provoking students against each other, teachers and College administration
- Advising all staff members to be affectionate to the students and not behave in a ruthless manner towards any of them for any reason.
- Ragging in any form within or outside the Institute is strictly prohibited. Any student found violating the same is liable of legal action and should be immediately brought to the notice of the Principal.
The cell will deals with Grievances received in writing from the students about any of the following matters:-
- Academic Matters: Related to timely issue of duplicate Mark-sheets, Transfer Certificates, Conduct Certificates or other examination related matters.
- Financial Matters: Related to dues and payments for various items from library, hostels etc.
- Other Matters: Related to issues on improper sanitation, food quality, availability of transport, victimization by teachers etc.
- The cases are attended promptly on receipt of written grievances from the students
- The cell formally reviews all cases and acts accordingly as per the Management policy
- The cell submits the report to the authority about the cases attended to and the number of pending cases, if any, which require intervention from the higher authorities.
Procedure for lodging complaint:
- The students may feel free to put up a grievance in writing/or prescribed format available in the admin dept. and drop it in boxes
- The Grievance Cell acts upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
- The Grievance Cell assures that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell.
The Composition of the Grievance Cell is as follows:
|1||Dr. Vikas Dhawan||Director Principal|
|3||Dr Manoj Kumar||HOD ME|
|4||Dr Lakhwinder Singh||HOD Applied Sciences|