CGC COE is Oracle Academy Institutional member & Program Partner in providing free online training to the Oracle courses to our students and faculty. All students everywhere need access to good computer science education to be college and career ready in today’s global economy.
Oracle Academy’s program offers expertly developed learning resources and world-class industry technologies for individual students and educators, and comprehensive computer science academic curriculum and learning resources for four-year colleges and universities.
Oracle Academy Membership Benefits
Oracle Academy membership offers educational institutions and educators free computing education resources for the classroom to help increase knowledge, skills development, innovation, and diversity in technology fields. There are two types of Oracle Academy membership, with Institutional membership best suited for institutions and educators who wish to take full advantage of Oracle Academy curriculum and teaching resources for the classroom.
Oracle Academy Institutional membership offers institutions and their educators access to world-class technology and software, expert curriculum, teaching and learning materials, professional development, Oracle professional certification resources, member recognition, and a wealth of classroom resources for their students. Educators are able to share with students many of these benefits, including study resources, Oracle certification learning materials, software licenses, Oracle Application Express (APEX) workspaces for hands-on practice, and much more.
Educators receive access to the following benefits. They are able to share with students some of these benefits, including access to software, discounts, practice workspaces, and more.
- Course curricula centered on object-oriented programming (Java), database, and emerging technologies including artificial intelligence and machine learning, big data, and more.
- Access to the Oracle Academy Cloud Program, which provides access to the Oracle Cloud Free Tier for teaching and learning.
- Workshops in a Box to introduce computing to students
- Oracle Academy Education Bytes — modular learning resources that include hands-on labs, projects and challenges, and videos and presentations. Students can use many of these as self-directed learning.
- Oracle Academy Application Express (APEX) workspaces for educators and students to work in the Oracle Database Cloud, plus technical support
- 50% discounts on Oracle Press eBooks
- Oracle software licenses for teaching and not-for-profit academic research use, plus technical support
- Access to My Oracle Support, software updates, and patches for software licensed through Oracle Academy
- 50% discount on Oracle University training for educators
- 25% discounts on Oracle Certification Exam vouchers and 50% discounts on select Oracle Certification Practice Exams
- Eligibility to participate in Oracle Academy Advisory Groups
Students can join at following link: https://academy.oracle.com/en/oa-web-overview.html